To set the Bible to music by the chapter as a medium for embedding the word of God in people's hearts and minds.
Scripture singing in hearts around the world
- ❧ To magnify God's word by bringing the dramatic text of scripture to life through music
- ❧ To compose melodies that assist in Bible memorization (speed, accuracy and longevity)
- ❧ To provide recordings and sheet music freely to those who would be blessed by it
- ❧ To invest our talents in God’s kingdom by giving a gift of music to the church
- ❧ To offer spiritual songs of worship, prayer, comfort, and encouragement
- ❧ To arrange some choral music so this music is accessible to a cappella groups
- ❧ We envision people developing the mind of Christ and thinking well about life
- ❧ We envision minds cleansed and purified
- ❧ We envision saints meditating on scripture
- ❧ We envision believers growing in grace and love for God
- ❧ We envision hearts expressing praise and thanksgiving to God
- ❧ We envision the church edifying and encouraging one another in the faith
- ❧ Pray for God’s emotional and spiritual protection on us, His instruments
- ❧ Pray for wisdom in quality composing and singing well
- ❧ Pray for skill and efficiency in completing the many facets of the process
- ❧ Pray that the recording and website technology would work smoothly
- ❧ Pray that we would be able to continue to devote time and effort to this work
- ❧ Pray that people around the world who would enjoy this music would find it
Tears of JoyGrowing up, I had one primary desire in life: to be a wife and mother. Even deeper than that, though, my heart longed to live out God’s purpose for my life, whatever the cost. After I married the man of my dreams, he voiced fundamental spiritual questions, and I thought God hadn’t been faithful to give me the desires of my heart. Disappointed, I placed my happiness in having a good marriage and pursued higher education and a professional career with its money and prestige. Seven years later, in an unwanted divorce, I had a second chance at processing through whether or not I would believe God’s goodness and word. After trying every tactic I knew of resistance and control to change my circumstances (and failing), I chose absolute surrender to God instead of suicide. Since then, my life has been a journey of growing in love, grace, and joy.In the healing process, I wrote some songs to the Lord, of raw heart cries. Also in seeking Him, I had the idea to set whole chapters of scripture to music, and what a blessing it was to me to have those tunes and texts playing through my head! When my heart was grieving about how sad and sorry I was, and hurt and fear threatened to swallow me up, I determined to think scripture. This was life-giving to me! How can I be depressed when I believe God’s word that He has thoughts of peace toward me, that He has loved me with an everlasting love, and that He will work all things together for my good? My faith was strengthened!
“Tirzah Joy” is the pseudonym I chose in a dark valley to reflect both the painful work God was doing in my life and my heart’s longing. God used this music to sanctify and cleanse my mind with the washing of water by the word and worked His healing in me. I sent out one CD each year to family and friends in 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008. These CDs were recorded at a recording studio, but in 2009, it seemed God was halting the work. In 2013, I was able to release one more CD, singing with my sons and finishing the edits on prior-recorded Psalms. In the spring of 2014, a friend offered to me to borrow her recording equipment to try recording from home. God provided a collaborator to give me technical support and opened the door for me have time to get back into it more consistently.