Sing the KJV
The Holy Bible being set to melody with music using the King James Version
To be sung by the Saints
Thank you for your interest in this project! The purpose of Sing the KJV is to magnify God’s precious word and encourage the saints to sing it. Paul the apostle wrote in his epistles that God has given us the scriptures for our profitting, and he taught us to make melody in our hearts to the Lord, and to sing to ourselves and to one another:
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: that the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
– 2 Timothy 3:16-17
And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ; submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.
– Ephesians 5:18-21
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
– Colossians 3:16-17
Having God’s word set to melodies helps bring the text to mind frequently, accurately, and longer term, which greatly aids us in fulfilling the above scriptures.
We desire spiritual fruit in ourselves and others:
- ❧ To fear, know, and love God and His Son (this is the beginning of wisdom, life eternal, and the greatest commandment)
- ❧ To cleanse and purity (washing of the word)
- ❧ For meditation in the heart (acceptable in God’s sight)
- ❧ To magnify God’s word in joy and beauty
- ❧ To express praise and thanksgiving to God
- ❧ To edify and encourage one another in the faith
Sing and share!
- ❧ Learn to sing the songs, and sing them with your brothers and sisters
- ❧ Use the music for a personal or group memorization project.
- ❧ Share these resources with others (on the Internet, a local congregation, etc).
- ❧ Write to [email protected] to request business cards to give away or to set out. Also you can request CDs for those interested.
- ❧ If you would like to make a bulk order and reimburse for the CDs, see the CDs page for a cost break down.
- ❧ Pray for God’s protection and blessing to be on us, and that our Father will spread this music around the world.
- ❧ It is our pleasure to make the music available to all those who would enjoy it and we welcome you to receive these resources freely. God willing, we will continue to give our time and effort to this work. If you would like to give a one time or recurring donation, visit our donation page.
Growing up, I had one primary desire in life: to be a wife and mother. Even deeper than that, though, my heart longed to live out God’s purpose for my life, whatever the cost. After I married the man of my dreams, he voiced fundamental spiritual questions, and I thought God hadn’t been faithful to give me the desires of my heart. Disappointed, I placed my happiness in having a good marriage and pursued higher education and a professional career with its resulting money and prestige. Seven years later, in an unwanted divorce, I had a second chance at processing through whether or not I would believe God’s goodness and word. After trying every tactic I knew of resistance and control to change my circumstances (and failing), I chose absolute surrender to God instead of suicide. Since then, my life has been a journey of growing in love, grace, and joy.
In the healing process, I wrote some songs to the Lord, of raw heart cries. Also in seeking him, I had the idea to set whole chapters of scripture to music, and what a blessing it was to me, to have those tunes and texts playing through my head! When my heart was grieving about how sad and sorry I was, and hurt and fear would have swallowed me up, I determined to think scripture. This was life-giving to me! How can I be depressed when God is telling me he has thoughts of peace toward me, that he has loved me with an everlasting love, and that he will work all things together for my good?! It built my faith! “So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God” (Ro 10:17).
Tirzah Joy (Tears of Joy) is the pseudonym I chose in a dark valley to reflect both the painful work God was doing in my life and my heart’s longing. God used this music to sanctify and cleanse my mind with the washing of water by the word and worked his healing in me. I sent out one CD each year to family and friends in 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008. These CDs were recorded at a recording studio, but in 2009, it seemed God was halting the work. In 2013, I was able to release one more CD, singing with my sons and finishing the edits on prior-recorded Psalms. In the spring of 2014, a friend offered to me to borrow her recording equipment to try recording from home. In 2015, God opened the door for me to continue by giving me time to get back into it more consistently.